For any submission related questions please contact the Technical Program Committee (to be confirmed)
For Paper Templates, click here.
Full Length Papers
- To meet the submission deadline authors must submit an abstract by January 18, 2018 and then a corresponding Full Paper by April 15, 2018.
- Abstracts will go through a preliminary review to determine relevance to the conference. Abstract acceptance does not guarantee full paper acceptance.
- If you already have a full paper ready, you are welcome to subm it full paper itself, but your first submission should be done by the Abstract deadline.
- Go to Submission page.
- Enter author information and other required metadata as appropriate
- The System requires authors to upload a document, so please upload a single page pdf document with the abstracts and title. You may use the conference template as a guideline, but it is not required as long as a title, author names and an abstract is submitted.
- Once the full paper is ready for submission, authors are expected to go to the profile page and submit the full paper by March, 2018. Please do not create a new profile when you are uploading the full paper pdf for an already submitted abstract. If you forgot your reference number to log in, ask it to the secretary.
- Once the full manuscript has been submitted, the submission is complete and ready to be reviewed.
Proceedings Publication Process
The Annual Conference of the PHM Society accepts only full-length regular papers. Accepted full length papers will be presented as podium presentations. Papers that do not completely fulfill full paper standards but still convey valuable concepts or information for the PHM conference attendees may be accepted as poster entries.
- Full-Length Regular Papers should describe new and carefully confirmed findings, and experimental procedures and results should be given in detail sufficient for others to replicate the work. A full paper should be long enough to describe and interpret the work clearly, placing it in the context of other research.
- Posters – the submissions that do not fully qualify as full length papers such as those that describe a single result, experiment, or technique of general interest for which a short treatment is appropriate are accepted as posters. Poster guidelines are sent to respective authors separately. For the purposes of inclusion in the proceedings, a short paper to describe experimental procedures clearly and interpret the results in the context of other research would suffice.
Prospective authors should note that for any submission such as poorly documented papers using “proprietary” techniques will be rejected. Moreover, excessive “branding” within a paper also cause for rejection; e.g., “The team used the magical CompanyBrand™ preprocessing to prepare the data to extract the amazing CompanyBrand™-proprietary features (which we can’t tell you about).” Papers should present techniques and results clearly and objectively.
The Prognostic and Health Management Society advocates open-access to scientific data and uses a Creative Commons license for publishing and distributing any papers. A Creative Commons license does not relinquish the author’s copyright; rather it allows them to share some of their rights with any member of the public under certain conditions whilst enjoying full legal protection. By submitting an article to the International Conference of the Prognostics and Health Management Society, the authors agree to be bound by the associated terms and conditions including the following:
As the author, you retain the copyright to your Work. By submitting your Work, you are granting anybody the right to copy, distribute and transmit your Work and to adapt your Work with proper attribution under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States license. You assign rights to the Prognostics and Health Management Society to publish and disseminate your Work through electronic and print media if it is accepted for publication. A license note citing the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States License as shown below needs to be placed in the footnote on the first page of the article.
First Author et al. This is an open-access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original author and source are credited.
Contributions to PHM Conference must report original research and will be subjected to review by referees at the discretion of the technical program committee. PHM Conference considers only manuscripts that have not been published elsewhere (including at other conferences), and that are not under consideration for publication or in press elsewhere. Moreover, it is the responsibility of the author to ensure that any data or information submitted complies with the export-control regulations of the author’s home country (e.g., International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) in the United States).
PHM Society honors code of conduct provided by the Committee of Publication Ethics (COPE). All publication policies and publication ethics laid down for IJPHM are also applicable to PHM Conference publications. These policies and ethics can be accessed here for authors’ reference.
Note: To submit full papers please go to your profile page and edit your submission to upload full manuscript.